What are the most popular flight destinations for your airport? Where do people usually arrive to your city from and how often?
Now we can say!
We are introducing new statistics page for airports called “Most Popular Destinations“. This page is available for every airport having flight schedules (static or live: doesn’t matter) supported (which is more than 500 airports currently!) and at least one departure flight performed during the last week.
This page shows:
- Approximate average total number of flights daily (both departures and arrivals).
- Total number of flight destinations during the last week.
- Interactive map including recognized* destinations (powered by Google Maps).
- And finally, the list of the most popular destinations grouped by number of daily flights!
This page is located at Statistics subsection of every supported airport page as displayed on a screenshot below:
Each page has a URL like: https://spotterlead.net/EHAM/destinations (you can replace EHAM with ICAO-code of your airport).
* Recognized destination – is an airport which was unmistakably identified by our system. This can be a result of airport codes coming from a data provider of this or that flight (e.g. in case if an airport site publishes airport codes directly on its departures & arrivals page). Alternatively, airport of departure/arrival may be identified by our flight record joining algorithm as a useful side-effect. This algorithm is being used for quite a while in our system for a sole purpose of merging data records concerning one and the same flight (but retrieved from different airport data sources) into one combined flight leg item having both departure and arrival data. Such flight legs are used on our Flight Search page actively. Now, this data is also used to recognize destinations for flights having no destination IATA or ICAO code provided directly by airport data source.